NYC Child Molestation Attorney
Defending Those Who Have Been Accused Of Child Molestation in New York
At Maryam Jahedi Law Firm P.C., we recognize the gravity of child molestation cases in New York. We are committed to delivering comprehensive legal representation for those facing child molestation allegations. Child molestation cases are sensitive and complex, and having a skilled New York City child molestation attorney from our firm can make all the difference in achieving the best possible outcome.
Call Maryam Jahedi Law Firm P.C. today at (646) 798-7118 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our child molestation lawyer in NYC.
What is Child Molestation?
Child molestation is a deeply troubling and illegal act involving sexual conduct with a minor under the age of consent. In New York, the age of consent is 17 years old. Child molestation encompasses various offenses, including:
- Sexual Abuse: This involves non-consensual sexual contact with a minor. It can range from inappropriate touching to more serious sexual acts.
- Sexual Assault: Sexual assault transpires when there is penetration or sexual contact without the minor's consent or if the minor is incapable of providing consent due to age or other factors.
- Child Endangerment: Individuals can also be charged with child endangerment if they knowingly allow a child to be placed in a situation where they could be subjected to sexual abuse or harm.
What Are the Penalties for Child Molestation in New York?
Child molestation charges in New York are governed by various laws, depending on the case's specific circumstances. Penalties for child molestation convictions can be severe and life-altering, including:
- Incarceration: Individuals convicted of child molestation may face substantial prison sentences, ranging from several years to life imprisonment, depending on the severity of the offense and the defendant's prior criminal history.
- Sex Offender Registration: Convicted child molesters in New York are required to register as sex offenders, which can have a lasting impact on their personal and professional lives. This registration is a lifelong commitment that can limit where a person can live and work.
- Fines and Restitution: In addition to imprisonment and registration, individuals convicted of child molestation may be ordered to pay fines and restitution to the victim.
- Probation and Parole: Some individuals may be sentenced to probation or parole, which comes with strict supervision and compliance requirements.
Defenses Against Child Molestation Charges
Some common defenses against child molestation charges may include:
- False Accusations: Child molestation cases can sometimes be based on false or mistaken accusations. We can investigate the credibility of the accuser and gather evidence to support your innocence.
- Consent: If the minor involved was of legal age and consented to the sexual activity, we can work to establish this fact to potentially reduce or dismiss charges.
- Lack of Evidence: The prosecution could lack sufficient evidence to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt. We can challenge the prosecution's case and seek to have charges dropped or reduced.
- Procedural Errors: We can meticulously examine the legal procedures followed in your case to identify any errors or violations of your rights that could result in case dismissal or reduced charges.
Child molestation charges are a deeply serious matter that can have lifelong consequences. Our New York City child molestation lawyer at Maryam Jahedi Law Firm P.C. is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and providing you with the strongest defense possible. We are here to advocate for your rights and help you navigate the legal process with diligence and experience. Your future is at stake, and we are here to fight for your best possible outcome.
Contact Maryam Jahedi Law Firm P.C. today to get started with our NYC child molestation attorney.