Ms. Maryam Jahedi-Perez is the founding attorney at New York City based law firm Maryam Jahedi Law Firm P.C. Her practice focuses on Criminal Defense, Family Law, and Divorce Matters. Ms. Jahedi-Perez takes a personalized approach to all her clients' cases, to assure the best possible result. She is known as a fierce trial attorney, and is well prepared and experienced in how the New York and Federal legal system works.
Ms. Jahedi-Perez compassionately represents clients in Divorce and other Family Law proceedings. She has successfully handled all aspects of contested and uncontested divorces, child custody and visitation matters, spousal and child support proceedings, along with family offense petitions. Ms. Jahedi-Perez has successfully represented many New Yorkers who have been charged with crimes such as assault, drug crimes, weapon possessions and sex related crimes.
Prior to starting her own law firm in 2012, Ms. Jahedi volunteered at the NY City Legal Aid's Prisoners' Rights Project. She is an alumna of Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College where she obtained extensive training on trial advocacy and earned her Juris Doctorate from University of Sydney, Sydney Law School with concentration in criminal law and international law. Previously to that, she obtained her B.A. from University of British Columbia, majoring in Economics.
Ms. Jahedi-Perez is fluent in Farsi and has extensive international experience by having lived in four different countries. Her international exposure and understanding of variety of cultures allow her to build strong relationships and communicate well with her clients.
Ms. Jahedi-Perez is regarded as one of New York's Best Criminal Defense attorneys, as she has been recognized by her peers by being selected to the Super Lawyers every year since 2017.
Ms. Jahedi-Perez is a member of American Bar Association, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, New York State Bar Association, and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- University of Sydney Law School, Sydney
- Juris Doctorate
- Major: Criminal Law
- Major: International Law
- University of British Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Prisoners’ Rights Project, Legal Aid Society, Manhattan
- New York Delegate, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division House of Assembly
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- National Iranian American Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors